Goodreads Choice Contest
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
OFFERED ONLY IN NORTH AMERICA AND OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL NORTH AMERICA
RESIDENTS WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
Goodreads Choice Contest (“Contest”) will begin on Thursday, November 7, 2013 and end on Saturday, November 9, 2013 12:00AM (“Contest Period”). This Contest will be conducted exclusively online. One (1) randomly selected winner will be awarded a set of signed paperback copies of Susan Crandall’s backlist books (includes: Back Roads, The Road Home, Promises to Keep, AOn Blue Falls Pond, A Kiss in Winter, Pitch Black, Seeing Red and Sleep No More).
HOW TO ENTER:
Legal residents of North America who are eighteen (18) years of age or older will be able to take
part in this Contest. To participate in the Contest, participants must do the following:
- Contestants must submit their entries on the Whistling Past the Graveyard Official Facebook Page.
- Upon entering the Contest website, participants are to follow the on-screen instructions, including entering any optional or additional contact information, as requested, to register for a chance to win.
- All Internet entries must be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 9, 2013 11:59:59PM EST. One entry per person per email address during the Contest Period.
- In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a participant’s online entry, the entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized holder of the e-mail account at the time the entry was made.
- Legal residents of North America who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of contest registration, unless otherwise specified.
- Employees of Susan Crandall or Simon and Scuster, its officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, general sponsors, promotional partners, their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, parent companies, members of the immediate families (defined as spouse, child, sibling, parent, or grandparent), and members of the households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate or win in this Contest.
- Contestants agree to abide with any applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations.
- If a winner is unable to accept the prize, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety.
- No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted.
- LIST OF WINNERS: To obtain a winner’s list, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Susan Crandall, P.O. Box 1092, Noblesville, IN 46061 . Be sure to include the name of the giveaway item with your request.
Prize package will include a specified prize that may consist of the following:
a. One(1) set of signed paperback copies of Susan Crandall’s backlist books (includes: Back Roads, The Road Home, Promises to Keep, AOn Blue Falls Pond, A Kiss in Winter, Pitch Black, Seeing Red and Sleep No More)
- All entrants agree that their review and likeness may be used on SusanCrandall.net. Information will not be sold or given to any entities not related to Author Susan Crandall.
- Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the prize (prizes are not transferable and may not be exchanged).
- No purchase necessary. Contest is void where prohibited. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations.
- Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible contestants participating during the Contest Period.
- Susan Crandall retains the right to disqualify any contestant if all Contest rules are not followed.
- By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that Susan Crandall has neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
- Email addresses collected as a result of Contest entry will be added to a mailing list to be eligible for future news and offers from Susan Crandall.
- Susan Crandall, agents and employees are not responsible for the inability of any contestant to complete or continue an internet registration due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, including any injury or damage to any computer arising from or relating to participation in this Promotion. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries, and may subject that entrant to disqualification. In addition, Susan Crandall, agents and employees are not responsible for late, lost,
misdirected, mutilated, illegible or incomplete contest entries. No mechanically reproduced or automated entries permitted. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. Once submitted, entries become the property of Susan Crandall and will not be returned.
- If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, any suspected evidence of tampering or technological corruption or if any portion of the Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, worms or unauthorized human intervention, an insufficient number of qualified Contest entries, or any other causes beyond Susan Crandall’s control which, in their sole opinion, corrupts, threatens or impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Sierra Workforce Solutions reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest at their sole discretion.
- Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Susan Crandall reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney’s fees) from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.